How to Maintain Aquarium at Home? I have a small aquarium at home. I have to freshwater angelfish a few golden fish, two snails, and one Valles shark in my tank.
Here are few tips to maintain an aquarium at home and how to keep your freshwater fish happy and healthy, and how to take care of them.
- Do not immediately put the new fish into the tank. Give them some time to adjust to the temperature. Float the sealed bag of fish in your aquarium for 15 to 30 minutes. Do this so that they can adapt to the temperature.
- It is recommended to change 25 % of your aquarium water at least once a month. Look at the water to ensure it is not cloudy, does not have a foul odor. Temperature changes can affect the fish. Invest in an aquarium heater.
- Overcrowding could lead to low oxygen levels in the water, and your fish may die. Another crisis of overcrowding includes excess waste, which clogs the filter and degrades the aquarium. Water algae buildup on glasses decreases oxygen level and water. It can create health concerns for your fish plants.
- Algae will consume oxygen from water, which is needed for fish and plants. Chose the best aquarium filters; it’s essential.
- Many fish are good jumpers and need to have tank coverage, so they don’t jump out of the tank check daily. The aquarium filters, aquarium heaters, and aquarium lights are working properly.
- Daily watch your fish when they are eating food because it’s necessary to check their behavior regularly. Spend a few minutes to watch the fish see if they are usually swimming, additionally look at their skin.