Losing weight is hard, especially when you have so many choices and don’t know where to start. Perhaps you tried something already and it didn’t work so you gave up. Now is the time to start new and make some serious changes in your life. Choosing the right weight loss option to fit your needs should be exciting, not daunting, and we can help.
Best Weight Loss Diet
Right now, there are so many different types of diets that it’s hard to list them all. The most popular these days include:
- Keto Diet
- Intermittent fasting
Depending on your needs and health issues, you too can choose one of these options but they won’t work if you don’t make some changes. First, remove sugary drinks from your fridge, pantry and life. Choose water instead and you’ll not only see a boost in energy you’ll see the difference it will make in your weigh loss.
Next, consume more raw veggies. Instead of snacking on chips and candy grab a few carrots, cucumbers and hummus. Enjoy healthier bars and snacks that will keep you full longer and have nutritional value. Removing junk and processed food from your fridge and pantry is essential for success. You can have your cheat days but if the temptation isn’t there you will have no choice but to grab something else.
Appetite control and suppressants are an option for those that have little to no willpower. Everyone needs a little extra push sometimes and this is it for some of us. These supplements are designed to help you feel fuller so that you don’t overeat.
When it comes to choosing the right weight loss option for you, the decision is fully yours. You are in control! It is always a little easier when you have someone else to do things with, including losing weight. See if your significant other or a friend wants to join you in the journey so you can both feel and look your best.
Dieting Dos and Don’t
I’m not a fan of the word “diet” because you shouldn’t be on a diet. Instead you should be making small changes that will impact your overall health. Simple things you can do is:
- Reduce sugar intake from your diet (sugary drinks, snacks, and look at the labels for the sugar content on) –
- Drink more water -Your body is made mostly of water so give it what it needs!
- Walk More- Instead of sitting down for your lunch break, go outside and do a lap around the building or go up and down the stairs a few times. Maybe the first day you go one flight of stairs and then gradually add more stairs as you get stronger.
- Add more greens to your diet – No one like their veggies, even those crazy people that eat grass have days where their gag reflex want to give up on them. Don’t go on a smoothie diet but do eat more greens. Make a smoothie with kale or spinach, and add a little fruit to improve the taste.
You don’t need to go to a gym or stop eating all together to lose weight. It can be done the right way. If you start off too strong you can crash and lose motivation.
Some dieting don’ts that can lead to you not reaching your goal include:
- Diet to lose weight for the summer or specific occasion- You want to make a lifestyle change not just diet in between the double cheeseburgers and large diet coke.
- Eat once a day – The best way to lose weight is to actually eat at least 2 or 3 healthy meals a day. You want to keep your metabolism working and happy. Starving yourself will lead to stomach cramps and ulcers and other health issues.
- Smoothie Diet – Smoothie or juice diets are great for getting your vitamins and minerals but should not be utilized as a diet tool.
When it comes to choosing the right weight loss option choose something you can easily stick to. Don’t push yourself too hard too fast that you injure yourself or lose motivation.